Saturday, October 8, 2011

Today is my Birthday

So today is my 24th Birthday, kind of crazy to think of that, because I always remembered when I was younger meeting people that were 24 and thinking "wow, there an adult who have there life in order." 
I feel like that age snuck up on me, and now that I do not have my life all planned out.. I am like...uhhh, help! But I know, I know, do not get ahead of myself, things will work out.  It is just a little daunting at times. Also, this is the first, but sadly, of many Birthdays without my immediate family and friends. :( But,  I am not depressed it was just an observation of growing older.


But Moving on.. so today I went to the beach with my aunt, for one last time in Beirut. The one thing I love about that beach, is, of course, the water. The Mediterranean Sea, just seems so alive (and saltier comparing to Atlantic) when you swim underwater you can see all different types of fish with amazing beautiful colors.
Today when I was doing some laps, I was soon engulfed with a school of Pelagic fish, it was pretty cool. And I do not know if it is the pressure of the water or the salt but in the Mediterranean you cannot swim down to the sea floor, I wanted to get closer to the rocks, but when you try it is like there is this huge invisible wall that wont let you down and pushes you back up. ha 


Tonight, after much back and forth, (which was my doing) I am going out to dinner with my uncle Jamil and Aunt Wajiha. 



P.S.  Helpful Note: When traveling always re-check/re-print your itinerary, do not relay on the one you printed out home,for me 3months ago, because your Airline can CANCEL your returning flight without calling or emailing. It happened to me. So as of now, instead of coming home on the 25th at 2:30pm on a straight flight from Paris to Miami, I will be getting home on the 26th at 2:00am from Paris to ATL, to Miami. So FML. However, I have two weeks to sort it out, bc I do not want to take that adjusted flight plan. I want a direct flight to FL and an upgraded ticket/.. hahaha. Let's see what happens, does not hurt to ask.


i am really going to miss this view, being able to see the mountains in the heart of the city

at dinner, we meet some people from London, they joined us at our table. And it was a fun night filled with drinks and good conservations

yummy chocolate mousse cake 

<3 the Naamani Family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment