Saturday, July 16, 2011

Duma Mountain

            Today if I could sum it in two words it would be car ride.  My grandmother, my uncle and I went to my father's best friend house in the Duma mountains, which is roughly 2 hours away from where we are. We left here at 12:00pm and did not get there until 2:30, what I have learned in the past two night is people here do not get the exact locations of where they are going. They will just start driving to as far as they know stop and either ask people around where it is or call the actually person. All my American brain is thinking is wear is my GPS haha. 
           When we finally got to the house it was, of course, so beautiful. He had flowers growing everywhere, I wanted so much to pick them and make an arrangement, he had grape wines growing and working as a roof over his outside canape. The view was over looking the rolling mountains. It was just soo pretty. Look at the pictures and see for yourself. 
          As soon as we arrived, we had lunch with some great food. But by 5:00pm we were back on the rode and got back to Beirut at 7:00pm. Yeah, so if you did the math we traveled a total of 4 and a half hours to stay at a house for less then three hours. Hence, all i did today was travel, the view was well worth the travel, I'm just saying. 



found this in my grandmother's fridge.. english translation?



Apple Drink... hahaha.









grape wines


pretty flowers 



No comments:

Post a Comment