Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Faqra, Lebanon

So today I had off of school as well because of the Eid, so I went to Faqra, which is in the mountains, with my Aunt Wajiha, her friend and her daughter. On our way to lunch, we stop by Faqra's Roman Ruins and natural made bridge; I got some amazing pictures. But first the morning started of with getting my first turkish coffee reading. I have read a lot about this and found it very interesting, I think it is always good to open your mind to new things, even if you do not believe in it. And think about it, how can you know if you do not believe in something, if you have never experience it. 


My coffee being read...
So how it works is you drink Turkish coffee, flip the cup towards you and as the coffee dries, they read the coffee streaks. So my fortune was that I always have a lot in my head, I have a good heart, um that I am enjoying Lebanon, that I have bought a lot of gifts for people back home (so true ha), that I am always looking to study, and again she repeated I have a lot in my head. The lady said my reading was a lot like my mom <3

So heres my cup, if anyone wants to take a crack at it.. haha. After the reading you are supposed to put your finger on the bottom and make a wish :)


 views of the ride up
These ruins were a small sight, compared to Baalbek in Lebanon, but still breath taking... 


:)

This view reminded me of the newest King Kong movie when they were first walking into Skull Island.. anyone agree? ha





<3 Tante Wajiha


can you find me?





the village

The Natural Bridge, self explanatory 



No comments:

Post a Comment